Utrogestan Vaginal 200mg Capsules is the name of the medication you are taking (called Utrogestan Vaginal in this leaflet). Utrogestan Vaginal is a medication that includes a hormone known as progesterone.
What is the purpose of Utrogestan Vaginal?
Utrogestan Vaginal is a medication that may be used to sustain pregnancy during in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles, as well as to avoid a premature singleton delivery in certain women. When women are having therapy in an Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) program, Utrogestan Vaginal may provide them with the additional progesterone they need.
Precautions should be taken.
- During the first three months of pregnancy, Utrogestan Vaginal should be used as directed. Before taking Utrogestan Vaginal, consult with your doctor or pharmacist first. Utrogestan Vaginal does not function as a contraceptive agent.
- If you suspect that you may have miscarried, you should contact your doctor immediately since you will need to stop taking Utrogestan Vaginal immediately.
- Utrogestan vaginal is not recommended for usage in children under the age of 18.
Other medications, as well as Utrogestan vaginal cream
You should inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are now taking, have recently taken, or maybe taking any other medication. Why is Utrozhestan (Diflucan) prescribed during pregnancy? In this category are medications that are acquired without a prescription, including herbal medicines. This is because Utrogestan Vaginal has the potential to interfere with the way other medications operate. Additionally, several other medications may affect the way Utrogestan Vaginal works. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medications in particular:
- Bromocriptine is a medication that is used to treat issues with the pituitary gland or Parkinson’s disease.
- Ciclosporin is a kind of antibiotic (used to suppress the immune system).
- Rifamycin antibiotics, such as rifampicin, are used to treat bacterial infections (used to treat infections).
How should Utrogestan Vaginal be stored?
- Prevent youngsters from coming into contact with or consuming this medication.
- It is not recommended to take this medication beyond the expiration date printed on the container (Expiry). The expiration date refers to the final day of the month in which the coupon is valid.
- This medication does not need any particular storage conditions to be kept in its original packaging.
- Do not dispose of medications in the wastewater or household garbage disposal. Inquire with your pharmacist about how to properly dispose of medications you no longer need. These steps will aid in the preservation of the ecosystem.